Our primary goal is to be a model of best practice in a safe and supportive environment for people with learning, behaviour, emotional and well-being issues to receive the best possible outcomes. The best practice standards and principles will be applied to ensure all clients receive the professional skills that encompass a positive, evidence based and collaborative wrap around nest.
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Respect client confidentiality
- Ensure all practises have measurable outcomes
- Remain sensitive to individual clients’ needs and families
- Remain committed to ensuring that all clients receive quality services that reduce barriers, such as location and costs
- Recognise that clients’ needs are a high priority in relation to our honesty and respect
- Work effectively and professionally with referrers and stakeholders to maximise their outcomes
- Recognise that the welfare of our clients, staff and visitors are highly valued
Bronfenbrenner (1917-2005) a leading scholar in Developmental Psychology, Child Rearing and Human Ecology, believed a child´s development was best observed in a natural setting where they interacted with familiar adults over a period of time. The understanding of his theory considers that:
"Everything in a child and the child´s environment influences that Child´s development "
- PARENTS: Are you a parent of a gifted child? Are you interested to learn more about Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia and ADHD? Does your child show distractive behaviours? Are you concerned about your child´s relationships with other children? Is your child
underachieving at school? Does your child have difficulties learning or completing classroom tasks?
Any of these issues can affect the progress and development of Pre-schoolers, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary students
- PRINCIPALS, SPECIAL NEEDS AND CLASSROOM TEACHERS: Are you assisting a student who has Special Needs or unresponsive behaviours? Do
you need information and strategies to assist?
- ADULTS: Are you keen to know how you learn and to know your strengths and weaknesses? Are you starting or re-entering tertiary studies and have special needs relating to your learning?
Northside Psychology can assist by helping parents, teachers and adult students in their learning and achievement
levels so they are able to understand their individual strengths and weaknesses and how they can best seek assistance at school and within
their community environment.
Northside Psychology recognizes that a child´s development evolves naturally within and through their environment and that changes occurring close (at home) and within their community (school) significantly affect the shape and process of their development.