The Director, Judy, is a Registered Educational Psychologist, Registered Secondary Teacher and Trained Facilitator for Lifepaths Trust Programmes (who have researched and compiled social and emotional assistance programmes for problem-solving, bullying, stressful situations and managing conflict). The support, guidance and emphases are on building social and emotional skills from preschoolers to adolescents.
Judy has over 30 years´ hands-on and academic experience in the roles of both education and psychology. They are:
- Educational Psychologist
- Middle and Secondary School Teacher
- Researcher at The University of Auckland
- Tutor at The University of Auckland
- Tertiary and Adult Community Education Lecturer
- Speld Tutor
- Author and presenter of several conference papers at NZARE, NZCER and Australia and New Zealand History of Education Society Conferences
- Accredited Level ´C´ Tester in New Zealand and Australia
- Assessor of Gifted Students
- Experience in both the Private and Public Sectors
- Convenor of Scholarships for The Federation of University Women (Auckland University) and Vice-President role.
Judy is researching inclusive educational practices at The University of Auckland, Critical Studies Department in a Doctor of Education programme. Judy previously attained an MEd (First Class Honours), an MA (Hons) in Psychology,
BA (Psychology and Education) and a Diploma in Teaching (Secondary) from The Auckland College of Education. Her MEd Thesis voiced the concerns that parents expressed in regard to their children´s special education needs and her MA explored the Family Structure and Social Support
Systems (with a focus on single parenting). She is a qualified Business Studies Teacher in Accounting and Economics and tutors children with
special needs for literacy development and specific goals, as identified.
Judy is a passionate and motivated educator whose past hands-on experiences include compiling behaviour management programmes, planning for the needs of children and their families from social, emotional counselling and support links, to assisting others who experience anxiety, anger and low self-esteem.
In the past ten years Judy has worked as a Special Needs Adviser and Educational Psychologist with the Ministry of Education, followed by a period as a Middle School Behaviour Support Teacher in North Carolina and London, where she worked in smaller schools to implement special needs programmes.